New Delhi, Feb. 5 (Delhi Crown): Last rites of a peacock were carried out with full national honours in Rajasthan’s Jhunjhunu district, on Friday.
The peacock had died due to electrocution while flying from one electric pole to another. The incident happened at Mandawa Mode in Jhunjhunu.
Since peacock is India’s national bird, its dead body was wrapped in the tricolour and taken to a local crematorium in a procession. At the crematorium it was placed on a pyre and thereafter consigned to the flames.