Withdrawal of Farm Laws to be the highpoint
New Delhi, Nov. 28 (Delhi Crown): The Winter Session of the Parliament in slated to begin in New Delhi on Monday (Nov. 29).
The parliament session is expected to be stormy even as the Opposition benches are all prepared to push the Modi government against the wall over the Farm Laws, which the government has decided to withdraw amid year-long farmers’ protests.
Ahead of the Winter Session, an all-party meet was held on Sunday which was attended by floor leaders of all parties.
At the meeting Parliamentary Affairs Minister, Prahlad Joshi said the Winter Session may conclude on December 23.
The Session will provide a total of 19 sittings spread over a period of 25 days. He stated that two meetings were held with Secretaries/Senior Officers of various Ministries/ Departments, where certain items were identified for being taken up during the ensuing Winter Session.
Based on the feedback tentatively 37 items, including 36 Bills and 1 financial item, have been identified for being taken up during the Session.
Three Bills replacing Ordinances namely (i) the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (Amendment) Ordinance, 2021, (ii) the Central Vigilance Commission (Amendment) Ordinance, 2021, and (iii) the Delhi Special Police Establishment (Amendment) Ordinance, 2021 promulgated during the inter-session period are required to be enacted as Acts of Parliament within a period of six weeks from the reassembly of Parliament.
List of bills likely to be taken up during the ensuing Winter Session are as follows –
I. LEGISLATIVE BUSINESS
1. The Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (Amendment) Bill, 2021 (To replace an Ordinance)
2. The Delhi Special Police Establishment (Amendment) Bill, 2021 (To replace an Ordinance)
3. The Central Vigilance Commission (Amendment) Bill, 2021 (To replace an Ordinance)
4. The Dam Safety Bill, 2019 as passed by Lok Sabha
5. The Surrogacy (Regulation) Bill. 2019 as passed by Lok Sabha
6. The Maintenance and Welfare of Parents and Senior Citizens (Amendment) Bill, 2019
7. The Assisted Reproductive Technology (Regulation) Bill, 2020
8. The National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (Amendment) Bill, 2021
9. The High Court and Supreme Court Judges (Salaries and Conditions of Service) Amendment Bill, 2021
10. The Farm Laws Repeal Bill, 2021
11. The Chartered Accountants, the Cost and Works Accountants and the Company Secretaries (Amendment) Bill, 2021
12. The Insolvency and Bankruptcy (Second Amendment) Bill, 2021
13. The Cantonment Bill, 2021
14. The Inter-Services Organizations (Command, Control & Discipline) Bill, 2021
15. The Indian Antarctica Bill, 2021
16. The Emigration Bill, 2021
17. The Cryptocurrency and Regulation of Official Digital Currency Bill, 2021
18. The Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (Amendment) Bill, 2021
19. The Banking Laws (Amendment) Bill, 2021
20. The Indian Marine Fisheries Bill, 2021
21. The National Dental Commission Bill, 2021
22. The National Nursing Midwifery Commission Bill, 2021
23. The Metro Rail (Construction, Operation and Maintenance) Bill, 2021
24. The Energy Conservation (Amendment) Bill, 2021
25. The Electricity (Amendment) Bill, 2021
26. The National Transport University Bill, 2021
27. The Constitution (Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes) Order (Amendment) Bill, 2021 (relating to UP)
28. The Constitution (Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes) Order (Amendment) Bill, 2021 (relating to Tripura)
29. Trafficking of Persons (Prevention, Protection & Rehabilitation) Bill, 2021
30. The National Anti-Doping Bill, 2021
31. The Mediation Bill, 2021
32. The Mines (Amendment) Bill, 201 t (for withdrawal)
33. The Inter-State Migrant Workmen (Regulation of Employment and Conditions of Service) Amendment Bill, 2011 (for withdrawaO
34. The Building and Other Consuuction Workers Related Laws (Amendment) Bill, 2013 (for withdrawal)
35. The Employment Exchanges (Compulsory Notification of Vacancies) Amendment Bill, 2013 (for withdrawat)
36. The Waqf Properties (Eviction of Unauthorised Occupants) Bill, 2014 (for withdrawal)
II- FINACIAL BUSINESS
1. Presentation, Discussion and Voting on Second Batch of Supplementary Demands for Grants for the 2021-22 and introduction, consideration and passing of the related Appropriation Bill.