Chintels’ MD Prashant Solomon passes the buck over Thursday mishap

Chintels’ MD Prashant Solomon passes off the buck over Thursday mishap

Chintels’ MD Prashant Solomon passes off the buck over Thursday mishap

Says mishap occurred due to renovation work carried by a resident

Gurugram, Feb. 11 (Delhi Crown): Chintels India Managing Director Prashant Solomon on Friday, who is among those who have been booked for Thursday’s roof collapse mishap, said that the “unfortunate incident” occurred due to a renovation work carried out by one of the residents in Tower-D of Chintels Paradiso housing society.

At least two persons had died and a few others still feared trapped under the debris after the roof of a flat in Tower-D collapsed on Thursday (Feb.10) in Gurugram’s Sector-109 along the Dwarka Expressway. Rescue work is still on at the mishap site.

“Upon preliminary investigations, we have come to know that the mishap occurred during renovation work by a contractor being carried out by a resident in his apartment,” said Solomon in a message he tweeted on Friday.

He said the company had conducted a structural audit last year in the wake of complaints regarding the project.

“We will be initiating a second structural audit at the earliest. In case any defects are found in the structure, we will duly compensate affected buyers or accommodate affected residents in alternate arrangements while necessary repair work is completed,” Solomon said.

He said his company is fully cooperating with the authorities and ensuring all support. “We will do our best to ensure that such incidents are not repeated in future. We extend our heartfelt condolence and complete support to the affected families in this moment of grief,” Solomon said in his message.

The Gurugram-based firm has developed many housing and commercial projects in the Dwarka Expressway area.

The Gurugram Police have reportedly booked the builder and the construction contractor for negligence, while the district administration has ordered an inquiry into the matter.

On Friday Haryana Home Minister Anil Vij said – “An FIR has been registered in the case. Two DSPs will investigate the matter. Will not spare the culprit.”

A team of National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) has been involved in carrying out the rescue work. NDRF’s PK Tiwary said, “Till now, one body has been retrieved and two persons rescued. Another body will be retrieved from debris soon. Around 110 NDRF personnel carrying out the operation.”

Local MLA Rakesh, Badshahpur said – “Action to be taken against the builder over (construction) material quality. Issue in material quality to be probed…We’re focusing on rescue completion to save lives. I met with the person who’s partially trapped, he’s fine; 2 people trapped now.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.